European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS)
The European, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS) is an esteemed annual research event that serves as a focal point for the Information Systems (IS) discipline, offering both regional and global perspectives. Since its inception in 2004 by the Brunel University UK research group ISEing, EMCIS has grown into a highly anticipated gathering that brings together researchers from around the world in an environment conducive to the free exchange of innovative ideas.
As a premier conference in Europe and the Middle Eastern region, EMCIS caters to Information Systems academics and professionals, addressing a wide range of technical, organizational, business, and social issues in the application of Information Technology. By dedicating itself to the definition and establishment of Information Systems as a discipline with significant impact, EMCIS aims to contribute to the academic and research community and empower IS professionals. The conference emphasizes the use of sound research methodologies that lead to measurable outcomes, ensuring that the presented research has substantial relevance to the IS field.
EMCIS annually selects different destinations, forging collaborations with local universities to enrich the conference experience and facilitate knowledge sharing. These partnerships have played a crucial role in the ongoing success of EMCIS, as the conference continues to attract a multitude of respected collaborations and forge lasting connections.
By fostering an inclusive and friendly atmosphere, EMCIS has become a beacon of excellence, known for its ability to connect researchers and professionals in the IS domain, while fostering the development of innovative and impactful research.
Unique characteristics of the EMCIS conference include:
- Conference proceedings will be published in a Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing volume.
- Conference proceedings are indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP, EI and Scopus.
- Substantially extended versions of the 10% at most of EMCIS papers may be selected for publication in academic journals.
- Distinctive Keynote addresses by distinguished international scholars from different disciplines, highlighting or discussing particular and generic global topics.
- An international event that continues to attract attendees, academics, practitioners and junior researchers including PhD students from all over the world, enjoying the friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of innovative ideas.
Track Proposal Deadline: February 05, 2024
Electronic Submission Deadline: April 26, 2024
Notification of Acceptance to Authors: June 06, 2024
Camera Ready Submission Deadline: June 20, 2024
Author Registration Deadline: June 20, 2024
Early bird registration Deadline: June 20, 2024
Conference Dates: September 02-03, 2024
Click on one of the below for more info
- Addressing Climate risks with emerging technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data and Analytics & Machine Learning
- Blockchain Technology and Applications
- Classical and Emerging Digital Governance – The Artificial Intelligence Era
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Services and Social Media
- IT Governance and alignment
- Enterprise Systems
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Hich Performance Computing
- Innovative Research Projects
- Information Systems Security and Information Privacy Protection and Trust Management
- Innovative Technologies in the Shipping Industry
- Machine Learning Algorithms for Multi-scale Modeling of Molecular Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Smart Cities