25 – 26 November 2020
Dubai – UAE
Submission deadline extended
New deadline: August 07, 2020
Message from the Organizers
Click to view
14 May, 2020
Important Dates have been updated
Click to view
17th European Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems
Message from the Organizers
14 May, 2020
We hope you are all well and safe.
We are communicating with you, to update you about the status of the EMCIS 2020 conference. Developments in the Covid-19 virus have created a worldwide tragedy and we hope that this will end as soon as possible.
EMCIS 2020’s top priority is the health and safety of all participants considering the expanding spread of Covid-19. The EMCIS executive committee reviewed all options available and decided to run the EMCIS 2020 conference online, given the pandemic, the travel bans, movements and gatherings restrictions issued by many governments as well as the restrictions on staff’s mobility by many universities and organizations.
The following are foreseen for EMCIS 2020:
- Online participation: The necessary infrastructure for running the conference is tested and it is in place.
- Parallel sessions will be done using virtual conference rooms.
- Presentations will be delivered online. Presenters will have 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A. All participants can ask questions and get feedback online.
- Engagement: We encourage all participants, to maximize their interaction with the speakers and conference participants.
- Registration fees: Registration fees will be reduced to 50 euro only for this year.
- Best paper awards will be announced during the conference and the awards will be posted to the winners.
If you have any questions regarding the organizing of the 17th EMCIS conference, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The 17th EMCIS 2020 Chairs
European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS)
European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS) is an annual research event addressing the IS discipline with regional as well as global perspective. EMCIS has successfully helped bringing together researchers from around the world in a friendly atmosphere conducted to free exchange of innovative ideas. EMCIS was founded in 2004 by Brunel University research Group ISEing and it is an annual event. A number of respected collaborations were made with different local universities across the destinations chosen each year and EMCIS still proves to attract many further partnerships.
EMCIS is one of the premier conferences in Europe and Middle Eastern region for Information Systems academics and professionals, covering technical, organisational, business and social issues in the application of Information Technology. EMCIS is dedicated to the definition and establishment of Information Systems as a discipline of high impact for the methodical community and IS professionals – focusing on approaches that facilitate the identification of innovative research of significant relevance to the IS discipline following sound research methodologies that lead to results of measurable impact.
Unique characteristics of the EMCIS conference include:
- Conference proceedings will be published in a Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing volume.
- Conference proceedings are indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP, EI and Scopus.
- Substantially extended versions of the 10% at most of EMCIS papers may be selected for publication in academic journals.
- Distinctive Keynote addresses by distinguished international scholars from different disciplines, highlighting or discussing particularand generic global topics.
- An international event that continues to attract attendees, academics, practitioners and junior researchers including PhD students from all over the world, enjoying the friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of innovative ideas.
Track Proposals Submission: 20 February, 2020
Electronic Submission Deadline: 15 May 07 August, 2020 (new)
Notification of Acceptance to Authors: 30 June 10 September, 2020
Camera Ready Copy: 20 July 18 September, 2020
Author Registration Deadline: 20 July 18 September, 2020
Click on one of the below for more info
The following committee members are responsible for ensuring the ongoing success of the EMCIS conference.
- Dr. Maria Papadaki, The British University in Dubai, UAE
- Prof. Marinos Themistocleous, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
Conference Executive Committee
- Prof. Vincenzo Morabito, Bocconi University, Italy (Program Chair)
- Prof. Paulo da Cunha, Coimbra University, Portugal (Program Chair)
- Dr. Gianluigi Viscusi, École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland (Publications Chair)
- Prof. Soulla Louca, University of Nicosia, Cyprus (Public Relations Chair)
- Prof. Janice Sipior, Villanova University, USA
- Prof. Heinz Roland Weistroffer, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- Prof. Paulo Rupino Cunha, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Prof. Piotr Soja, Cracow University of Economics, Poland
- Prof. Peter Love, Curtin University, Australia
- Prof. Gail Corbitt, California State University, USA
- Prof. Miguel Mira da Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Prof. Vishanth Weerakkody, University of Bradford, UK
- Prof. Lasse Berntzen, University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway
- Prof. Marijn Janssen, Delft University of Technology, Holland
- Prof. Stanisław Wrycza, University of Gdansk, Poland
- Prof. Kamel Ghorab, Alhosn University, UAE
- Prof. Celina M. Olszak, University of Economics in Katowice, Poland
- Prof. Flora Malamateniou, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Prof. Andriana Prentza, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Prof. Inas Ezz, Sadat Academy for Management Sciences – SAMS, Egypt
- Prof. Ibrahim Osman, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Prof. Przemysław Lech, University of Gdansk, Poland
- Prof. Euripidis N. Loukis, University of the Aegean, Greece
- Prof. Mariusz Grabowski, Cracow University of Economics, Poland
- Prof. Małgorzata Pańkowska, University of Economics in Katowice, Poland
- Prof. Catarina Ferreira da Silva, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
- Dr. Aggeliki Tsohou, Ionian University, Greece
- Dr. hab. Paweł Wołoszyn, Cracow University of Economics, Poland
- Dr. Sofiane Tebboune, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Dr. Fletcher Glancy, Miami University, USA
- Dr. Aurelio Ravarini, Universitario Carlo Cattaneo, Italy
- Dr. Wafi Al-Karaghouli, Brunel University, UK
- Dr. Ricardo Jimenes Peris, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain
- Dr. Federico Pigni, Grenoble Ecole de Management, France
- Dr. Paulo Henrique de Souza Bermejo, Universidade Federal de Lavras, Brazil
- Dr. May Seitanidi, University of Kent, UK
- Dr. Sevgi Özkan, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Dr. Demosthenis Kyriazis, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Dr. Karim Al-Yafi, Qatar University, Qatar
- Dr. Manar Abu Talib, Zayed University, UAE
- Dr. Alan Serrano, Brunel University, UK
- Dr. Steve Jones, Conwy County Borough, UK
- Dr. Tillal Eldabi, Ahlia University, Bahrain
- Dr. Carsten Brockmann, Capgemini, Germany
- Dr. Ella Kolkowska, Örebro University, Sweden
- Dr. Grażyna Paliwoda-Pękosz, Cracow University of Economics, Poland
- Dr. Heidi Gautschi, IMD Lausanne, Switzerland
- Dr. Janusz Stal, Cracow University of Economics, Poland
- Dr. Koumaditis Konstantinos, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr. Chinello Francesco, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr. Pacchierotti Claudio, University of Rennes, France
- Dr. Milena Krumova, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Dr. Klitos Christodoulou, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Dr. Paulo Melo, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Prof. António Trigo, Coimbra Business School, Portugal
- Dr. Elias Iosif, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Prof. Yannis Charalabidis, University of Aegean, Greece
- Dr. Charalampos Alexopoulos, University of Aegean, Greece
- Prof. Slim Kallel, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Prof. Walid Gaaloul, Telecom SudParis, France
- Prof. Mohamed Sellami, Telecom SudParis, France
- Dr. Przemysław Lech, University of Gdańsk, Poland
- Prof. Hemin Jiang, University of Science and Technology of China
- Prof. Luning Liu, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Gianluigi Viscusi