Track: Enterprise Systems
Enterprise systems (ES) are the backbone of most global manufacturing and service enterprises and are becoming more and more popular among smaller companies. Formerly identified with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications, these systems have evolved from plain ERP towards more sophisticated application suites, including ERP, CRM, SCM, Business Intelligence, Workflow, Content Management, etc., which are required to support information and workflow in various organisations. Implementation, effective use, and development of these systems still pose many research and practical issues which may be subject to the study.
This track seeks to explore issues, both academic and organizational, surrounding the integration of enterprise systems and linking ERP systems to other systems via SOA and the cloud. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation issues and concerns
• Support (on-going and initial start-up) issues
• Training and retention of qualified staff
• Upgrade and versioning issues
• Extending the ERP system beyond the organizational boundaries
• SOA and cloud implementation benefits, barriers and costs, methodologies, standards and issues
• Tailoring ERP to meet diverse corporate needs
• Benefit and cost management of integrated enterprise systems
• Worlds best practices for integrated business
• Measuring ERP, SOA and Cloud Computing performance and evaluating costs and benefits
• Impact of Academic Alliances in ERP/SOA/Cloud Computing technologies on students and businesses that hire these students
• ERP and the Internet of Services
• Case studies
• From ERP towards ES – evolution of standard information systems
• Agile implementation of ERP/ES – advantages, disadvantages, scoping, methodology
• ERP/ES in the Cloud – which enterprises does it suit, and which not? Will one size fit all? What are advantages and disadvantages of cloud deployments?
• ES or best-of-breed – which strategy fits whom?
• Emerging technologies (e.g., Blockchain, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence) in enterprise integration