Immersive Technologies in IT/IS
Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality (AR, VR and MR), i.e. immersive technologies, offer exciting opportunities for human-computer interaction, the enhancement of work practices and the creation of new business streams. Immersive technologies support users to perform complex tasks, acquire knowledge, reducing costs for training, solving problems and generate new ideas. Especially now, as more and more professional users invest time and resources mainly in AR and VR, new innovative business cases in the fields of healthcare, manufacturing, education and management appear. It is our understanding that as immersive technologies gain relevance in everyday applications, they will greatly affect organisational business processes and subsequently IT/IS systems. In this respect, and in line with the EMCIS conference theme, we therefore call for research that links immersive systems and information technologies, both from a business and technical perspective. Example topics include, but are not limited to:
- Immersive systems’ link to IΤ/ΙS elements
- Gamification practices in AR, VR and MR
- Design, development, adoption and application of immersive systems
- Immersive business practices and new innovative business models
- Applications and cases in the fields of healthcare, manufacturing, education and management
- Immersion, digital artefacts and connectivity (haptics, sensors, IoT and cloud)
- Systematic reviews, thematic syntheses and meta-analysis papers.
Koumaditis Konstantinos, Aarhus University, Department of Business Development and Technology, Denmark.
Chinello Francesco, Aarhus University, Department of Business Development and Technology, Denmark.
Pacchierotti Claudio, University of Rennes, Centre Nationelle Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), INRIA, IRISA, France.